National Forest Playset: Free Printable


Hello friends,

Today I am sharing a little piece of my favorite place with you--I love visiting the Yellowstone area with my family every year. We have visited every summer since I can remember, and my dad built a cabin in the area about 10 years ago and we love our little place in the woods. I wanted to capture a little bit of that beautiful place as a printable playset (link to download after the pictures). 

This set includes:
  • 2 characters
  • 2 backgrounds (mountains + forest)
  • 5 animals
  • 1 cabin (interior + exterior)
  • 1 campsite (tent + campfire)
  • 1 car

All in all, that is 15 pieces to play with and enjoy! Here are few pictures to show more details:

Mountain and tree backgrounds. I printed out 1 piece of "Mountain Background 1" and 2 pieces of "Mountain Background 2" (which is simply a mirrored image) and taped them at the seams to create a wide mountain backdrop. I then printed out two copies of the forest background and cut the second piece to blend with the first. I then taped them at the seams to create a background that can stand up on its own.

Here you can see the seams and taped segments that can be combined to create standing backgrounds:

Here is the cabin exterior and interior, perfect for our little explorers' meetings! I printed out the exterior and interior on separate sheets, and then glued them together to create a sturdy standing playpiece. 

The interior boasts a cozy fireplace and bunk bed for little explorers to crash on at the end of the day.

Here is the campsite, with a tent and campfire perfect for telling ghost stories under the starry sky.

Uh-oh! A bear at the campsite!


What National Park Playset would be complete without an animal-caused traffic jam? With 5 different animals, there will be animal sightings galore!

With 15 pieces to play with in many different arrangements and settings, your own little explorer will love playing with this set.

The best news of all is that the pieces all lay flat and fit inside a document envelope for easy storage! Got to love that!

This printable playset is for personal use only. It may not be sold or published on any other website.

Have a lovely little day, and happy exploring!
-Lauren

PS- Some real talk: This playset was a labor of serious love and SERIOUS frustration. More on that here. I planned to post this back in May. MAY. (Quick calendar check: Yup. It's November...) Now you get a glimpse into some of my frustration. I learned a lot about using quality materials--the hard way. I ended up painting over or repainting most of the pieces in this set. I plan to share more in the future about all I learned about the importance of using quality materials. Okay, *rant over* print + enjoy!

Comments