Hand Lettering with Variants






Hello, friends! Welcome back to our lovely little lettering series. Today's post is all about letter variants. That means that we will examine different ways to form letters, getting you even more confident in finding your own unique style!



I created a worksheet for this topic, which you can get by clicking here.







*I would highly suggest practicing your lettering with flourishes before tackling lettering with variants, because it uses the same strokes as the flourishes in a little bit of a trickier way.


Lettering with variants is a fun and exciting way to hand letter something special, like a place card, invitation, or quote. Like flourishes, I personally go pretty sparingly on letter variants to create a clean look, but as I always say, I would recommend trying out a ton of different styles and figuring out what you like!


After practicing on the worksheet, I would recommend writing simple words and phrases like "hello" or your address, using letter variants. Just keep practicing until you find a style that you feel comfortable with.

Have a lovely little day!
Lauren

Comments