Madeline Printable Play Set



In an old house in Paris
that was covered in vines,
lived twelve little girls
in two straight lines.

//

Madeline has been my very favorite children's book character since I can remember. She shows me I can be brave and sweet, funny and kind. She got me through two surgeries with her motto "I can do anything". Ludwig Bemelman's brilliant illustrations inspired me as a girl and they continue to inspire me as an adult.

My Madeline pencil pouch, where I still keep all of my brush tip pens!:)

Among many other Madeline items, I had a felt play set with settings from the book when I was a little girl. I loved to play with that felt play set, but I do not think they make them any more (at least, not that I could find anywhere online). The other day I was doing some painting and all of a sudden, her house appeared! I just knew I had to share. I have painted a few characters and scenes from the book for your little ones to play with.

(Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to the Madeline books or movies. This art was created only as a tribute.)



Instructions for set up:

Print out the play set onto heavy card stock paper. Note: I got the best color results when I printed with my inkjet printer vs. my laser printer. The inkjet captured the watercolor details while the laser printer kind of washed everything out.

Cut out the two sides of the house and glue them back to back. Doing it this way rather than printing back to back creates a sturdier house for durable play.



 


Fold the two sides in so that the house can stand on its own.


To play with the scenes/Eiffel tower, I just taped them to the wall. I tried a few different ways and this was what worked out. If you have any brilliant ideas, let me know!




Cut out the characters and the strips that will help them stand. Fold the strip in half. Cut the stand on the black line and slip the strip inside the two slots. This way, the characters can stay standing.



All of the play set pieces fit really well into a document sized envelope for safekeeping when they are not in use:


I hope you enjoy this little printable play set. I had SO much fun creating it. My mind is spinning with other possible printable play set ideas . . .
These prints are for personal use only, and cannot be sold or published on another website.

For now, have fun playing with Madeline,


Learning from Miss Clavel,


And loving Genevieve.



//

That's all there is, there isn't any more.



Have a lovely little day!
-Lauren

Comments