How to Hand Letter: Lowercase Cursive [DIY]


Hello, friends! Welcome back to lovely little lettering. I am so excited about this installment, because after today you will be able to hand letter the WHOLE alphabet, cursive or print, lowercase or uppercase! Today we are focusing on lowercase cursive as well as simple word formation.


The biggest principle I can teach you in this segment is to keep things LOOSE. Every single lowercase cursive letter uses curved lines, which will be impossible to do well if you are tight.

Alrighty, print out your free worksheet and let's get started!

I've assembled some helpful tips for the trickiest letters for you in this video:


[watch in HD]


Your homework for tonight is to write the word hello! Easy peasy, right? You just have to do it ten times:) The repetition is so good for loosening your hand and practicing those tricky curves. Persevere through this challenge! I believe in you! If you use instagram, feel free to tag me @laureneolson and I would love to see your progress.

Speaking of progress, I recently posted about the progress I have made in the last five years. I have been rewriting some of my old work to see how I have improved, and it has been such a healthy exercise. Check out my instagram to see the post.


Have a lovely little day!
Lauren

Comments