Cinnamon Roll Pancakes [Recipe]




This recipe is quick and delicious (I feel like I say that with all my recipes. I guess I really don't like to make food unless it is quick and delicious!). I grew up on Saturday morning pancakes, and that is a tradition I plan to carry on with my own family. I'm happy to report that so far, Kaleb and I are doing an excellent job with this.

These pancakes may be a little too rich to enjoy every Saturday, but when we make them it sure turns our Saturday mornings into a special occasion!



Ingredients:

Pancake batter, prepared as described on box
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp sugar

1/4 C butter, melted
brown sugar (as needed)

Directions:
Prepare pancake batter, and then add in the cinnamon and sugar. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt your butter and mix in brown sugar until you get a nice, thick but pourable mixture.


As pancakes are about to be flipped on the griddle (right when those bubbles start to pop), swirl the brown sugar mixture over the pancakes and let it sink in a bit. Then flip over the pancake and cook until finished.


The brown sugar will start to caramelize and oozing is to be expected. When the pancake has finished cooking, the brown sugar should have created a nice, crusty exterior on that side of the pancake. I recommend eating immediately!


Umm, brb just drooling over the memory of these pancakes. Happy cooking!


Have a lovely little day,
Lauren

Comments