Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies


Oh my word. Is there anything better than a chocolate chip cookie? Oh I don't know, maybe just a....double chocolate chocolate chip cookie! This recipe is quick and easy, and I have gotten rave reviews every time I make them.

As a side note, Kaleb and I have a goal to only eat sugar/dessert on weekends. If you know me at all, you know that my sweet tooth is 100% out of control. I get it from my mom. She says that's why we're so sweet :)

I have found I can be most successful with this goal if I make desserts to share with others. So if you are like me and you have a hard time saying no to pure, chocolate-y heaven (because you're not a fool), try making these cookies for your next family gathering,  party, or for giving to a neighbor. It makes it a lot easier to only have one if you give the rest away!



Ingredients:

1 C butter, softened to room temperature (not melted)
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
2 eggs

2 1/2 C four
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/3 C cocoa powder

1 tsp vanilla
2-3 handfuls of chocolate chips (semi sweet)


Directions:

In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars until they are very creamy. I usually let the mixer go for about 5 minutes. This will make the cookies nice and soft. Then mix in the eggs.

Combine dry ingredients and mix slowly into butter and sugar mixture. Add in the vanilla, and when combined mix in the chocolate chips.

Your cookie dough should be very soft. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour, and preheat oven to 350*. When the dough is fully chilled, scoop the dough into round balls and bake for 11 minutes. While cookies are cooling, I like to sprinkle a little bit of coarse salt over the top for a delightful and decadent surprise.

Note: Refrigeration is a necessary step with this recipe. If you skip this step, your cookies will turn into buttery puddles. You have been warned.


These cookies are too easy and delicious not to try (and to share!). Happy baking!

Have a lovely little day!
-Lauren

Comments